Sign in to follow this  
ZedalisDesign

ProBuilder/ProGrids Major Issue

1) The latest as far as I know - ProBuilder v2280 and ProGrids v2321

2) Rendering/Editor Issue

3) Windows 8.1 54-bit, Intel i7-4770 3.4 GHz, 16GB of DDR3 RAM, GeForce 680GTX, using the latest version of Unity Pro

4) Both work well in Forward Rendering Mode with DX11 disabled. When enabling deferred rendering, both selecting faces and the wires for ProGrids appear to be disintegrating and disappear entirely when panning out from an object. With DX11 enabled, the grids turn completely black and the editor bogs down so much that it is simply unusable.

5) It happens consistently after installing ProBuilder/ProGrids in a new project/scene, docking both of the tool windows, and simply change the rendering path and DX11 settings.

6) I just want it fixed so I can continue to use the awesome tools. :) The bug here is making unusable.

I attached an image of exactly what I'm seeing, hope it helps in some way.

post-16-0-24069000-1400131051_thumb.jpg

I downloaded the latest ProBuilder from the Beta Testing group and still have the same issue. I'll note here that everything works fine while in Forward/Non-DX11 mode. It makes it a bit more difficult for a DX11-based project though. 

Hey Karl, I downloaded the latest version in the Beta group with the fix you implemented. I can now see the grids in color when enabling deferred rendering. All of the other issues remain though, unfortunately. I still get all of the grids and face selections disintegrating while in deferred mode. When enabling DX11, I'm getting massive slowdowns and the grids turn black again.

I'm getting this message spammed in the editor as well:

Shader wants normal, but the mesh doesn't have them

UnityEngine.Graphics:DrawMeshNow(Mesh, Vector3, Quaternion)

pg_GridRenderer:DrawHalfGrid(Camera, Vector 3, Vector 3. Vector 3, Single, Int32, Color, Single) (at Assets/ProCore/ProGrids/Editor/pg_GridRenderer.cs:256)

pg_GridRenderer:DrawGridPerspective(camera, Vector3, Single, Color[], Single) (at Assets/ProCore/ProGrids/Editor/pg_GridRenderer.cs:161)

pg_Editor:OnSceneGUI(SceneView) (at Assets/ProCore/ProGrids/Editor/pg_Editor.cs:732)UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()