Sign in to follow this  
Marble

2.1.3 IndexOutOfRange exception on all prefabs in scene

I've been LOVING the new prefab functionality. I've been building reusable walls, furniture, and simple object templates with gleeful abandon. This evening, for no reason I can discern (I hadn't even been working in PB), I get this exception in Awake() for each prefab in my scene:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
pb_UV_Utility.PlanarMap (UnityEngine.Vector3[] verts, .pb_UV uvSettings)
pb_Object.UpdateQuadUV (.pb_Face[] _qds)
pb_Object.RefreshUV ()
pb_Object.Refresh ()
pb_Object.GenerateSubmeshes (Boolean removeNoDraw)
pb_Object.HideNodraw ()
pb_Entity.Awake ()

Non-prefabs, of which I have several, throw no exception, and prefabs without NoDraw do not either.

Also, NoDraw is still removed from these prefabs in the game, so it doesn't really affect me, but the fifty-plus exceptions in my console are kind of alarming.

I'll go ahead and ask this to save some time. What version of ProBuilder and Unity are you using? Full prefab support is relatively new. If you don't have the latest version, drag and drop prefabs are wonky. The latest version is 2.1.3 r894. You can check this in "Window > ProBuilder > About" in the Unity3d menu.

Hi Karl,

I've seen this too. I make constant backups of my project and just quit and restore when it happens. I am on v865 but I'm not getting any new versions emailed to me. Is there a way to get my email on the list so I get the latest updates?

I'm also creating lots of prefabs and hoping that they will migrate forward to the latest build without any problems.

Thanks,

-Dave.

Hi Karl,

I've seen this too. I make constant backups of my project and just quit and restore when it happens. I am on v865 but I'm not getting any new versions emailed to me. Is there a way to get my email on the list so I get the latest updates?

I'm also creating lots of prefabs and hoping that they will migrate forward to the latest build without any problems.

Thanks,

-Dave.

Just emailed ya.

I'm getting this too, but only one instance of it each time pro builder refreshes something (for example, when I toggle no-draw layer on and off). If the bug hasn't been reproed yet, could you possibly add some logging to the error, specifically which object its trying to update? Might help us give you more info to go on.

-Sean

Update:

Running the probuilder action to clean up leaked meshes completely fixed this problem for me. Figured I'd mention that as it might help track the issue down, since it sounds like its looking for UV data on meshes that don't actually exist anymore.

-Sean