Sign in to follow this  
TehShawn

Sales Suggestion

This has probably been previously discussed among the dev team, but I wanted to offer my opinion:

Even if you guys choose to continue selling ProGrids separate from ProBuilder, I believe it would benefit you to include a copy of it inside the ProBuilder unitypackage. There are a few reasons for this...

1. ProGrids is a key component for using ProBuilder. It's what helps make it fun and useful, with the benefit of precision via snapping. It's what keeps perfectionist designers sane.

2. Users may not understand there is another tool that they are supposed to go get. It would be a shame if a user just bought ProBuilder and began playing around to see how useful it was, to be left underwhelmed in their first impression. (a first impression that could change an overall opinion, and affect the likeliness for them to tell others about it, out of excitement) Maybe they didn't know about ProGrids, or maybe they didn't understand that ProGrids is not already included. There is also no link or mention of it on the asset store page for ProBuilder 2.0. But... Let's say for a moment that, for some individual, this isn't too much of an issue because this person watched the video tutorials and already has a set of expectations that the tool offers. Well this leads to the next point.

3. Complications between a person and a sale can decrease the likelihood of a sale. When the potential buyer finds out that there are actually two things sold separately, it's bad for two reasons: First, it does not have a positive affect on the user when they learn they have to spend more money than they originally thought, to buy two tools instead of one. Second, if the reconsideration and thought of extra money makes the user hesitate for more than a moment, they may not choose to buy it right then, choosing to wait instead or ending up not buying it at all.

Hey TehShawn,

I vaguely remember a mention by a few users a couple months back regarding the integration or grouping of both ProBuilder and ProGrids. I can't say that I remember what Gabriel's response to it was but I will be more than happy to forward him this thread and see if we can get his input.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback as always!

Regards,

Mike

This is something I still can't decide what's best on. Although, I do include the free version of ProGrids with ProBuilder now, so users can see it right away. I also make sure to always mention it to users!

Most importantly, when I finally have time to do all-new tutorials, I'll be very, very sure to mention that ProGrids is separate- that has caused a lot of confusion/etc, I know.

Oh I didn't realize you were including the free version with ProBuilder now. That's definitely better!

I just extracted the latest ProBuilder from the asset store (v2.1.1) into a new project, and noticed it comes with it :)but... it's not available in the Window menu right after you do a Fresh Install. It's still hidden away as a .unitypackage in the 6by7 folder.

Considering most people probably won't think to search for and extract extra packages after the install, do you think it would be worth either doing that automatically for them, during the ProBuilder install? Of course you would not want to overwrite a paid version that is already present, so that would need to be handled. Another option is to add a button onto the Quick Start menu.

Hey TehShawn,

From what I hear, Gabriel and Karl will be getting rid of the "Quick Start" menu altogether and using a more fluid update approach in the Asset Store. Although they may be packaged all together at some point for a bundle deal, they will still probably require separate installs.

Regards,

Mike