Sign in to follow this  
tcmeric

Substance Painter Import Error Obj File

Hi, I am trying to import a probuilder obj file into substance painter. I have tried every export option avaliable in probuilder that I can find.

In importing to substance painter, I am getting the following error.

[Scene 3D] The string "isp" cannot be converted into a value.

I am not sure what the string ISP is ? 

Thanks,

Eric

Hi,

I can get it back into unity. When I bring it into meshlabs, I get a few errors regarding textures (see screenshot).

If I bring it into blender (which I dont know anything about). And then export it as a FBX, I can import it into substance painter, but get the following errors:

"[Scene 3D] [FBX] : Mesh normals are not normalized and will be automatically fixed"

And when I bake the materials (creates normal map, AO map, etc). I get the following results. The size of the texture areas (you can see in the image), relates exactly to a 1 x 1 area in unity.

I tried combining the faces in unity before export, but that doesnt seem to help. Do I need to UV map with probuilder maybe in a specific way? The exact shape of the AO maps, etc is strange. Not sure where they are getting that specific pattern from.

I also attached the OBJ file. As well as the blender exported FBX.

I am open to any advice :)

Sincerely,

Eric

2017-10-07 17_24_03-Substance Painter 2017.3.0 - 27 days remaining - PBR - Metallic Roughness (Read .png

2017-10-07 17_25_26-MeshLab 2016.12 - [Project_1].png

2017-10-07 17_22_53-Substance Painter 2017.3.0 - 27 days remaining - PBR - Metallic Roughness (Read .png

small house.obj

small house.mtl

small house fbx.fbx

Ok, so I made sure the shader was default, added a material that was default (white, with no albedo). Did the same process, looks the same after the material bake in substance. If I import to meshlabs and export, it looks the same in substance as well.