Sign in to follow this  
imGua

skinned mesh?

If you probuilderize it you should be able to.

Option to probuilderize is not blocked when skinned mesh is selected, but it doesn't do anything when I use it. So I'm trying to figure out, is this a bug, or probuilder simply doesn't support probuilderizing skinned meshes.

It searches for MeshFilters when finding meshes to build, skipping SkinnedMeshRenderer components.  It could be modified to find SkinnedMeshRenderer meshes, but ProBuilder doesn't currently have any way to save bones or bone weights, so you'd lose the "skin" part of any mesh.  I think you should be able to create a new GameObject, attach a MeshFilter, then manually set the Mesh to that skinned mesh which would then be ProBuilder-izable.

It searches for MeshFilters when finding meshes to build, skipping SkinnedMeshRenderer components.  It could be modified to find SkinnedMeshRenderer meshes, but ProBuilder doesn't currently have any way to save bones or bone weights, so you'd lose the "skin" part of any mesh.  I think you should be able to create a new GameObject, attach a MeshFilter, then manually set the Mesh to that skinned mesh which would then be ProBuilder-izable.

If I understood you correctly, then I've tried it. As you've said, using this method case it to loose "skin". The object that was probuilderized but then attached skinned mesh, lose all connection to bones and ends-up in completely wrong position. It looks kind of like this

79f3e4f9f25f26952255a3f00b8a0d22.png

Yup, unfortunately I don't see a way for this to work without writing in support for skinned meshes to ProBuilder.  I'll make a ticket to investigate how much effort that would require.

Edit - I can't recall off the top of my head, but QuickEdit might support skinned meshes.  I'll check tomorrow when I'm not falling asleep at the keyboard :)