Unity 2018.1 and later (recommended)
To install this package, follow the instructions in the Package Manager documentation.
Verify that ProBuilder is correctly installed by opening
Tools > ProBuilder > About.
Upgrading from ProBuilder 2.9.8
To upgrade a Unity project with ProBuilder 2.9.8 or later, follow these instructions.
- Open the project in Unity 2018.1 or later
- Edit the manifest.json as described above
- Follow the Convert to Package Manager utility instructions.
If the Convert to Package Manager utility does not automatically open, you can manually start the process by opening
Tools > ProBuilder > Repair > Convert to Package Manager.
See also Upgrading to 3.0.
Unity 2017.3 and earlier
Important - The Asset Store version of ProBuilder will only receive critical bug fixes going forward. New features are available in the 2018.1 Package Manager version of ProBuilder.
- Open your Unity project and ensure you have no persistent errors (red-colored text) in the Console.
- From the top menu, choose
Window > Asset Store.
- In the Asset Store window type "ProBuilder" into the search bar.
- Click the "ProBuilder" icon in the search results.
- Click the blue "Download" button, and wait for the download to complete.
- After Unity has downloaded the package, click "Import."
- An "Import Unity Package" window will appear. Click "Import" at the bottom-right.
- After the import process completes, choose
Tools > ProBuilder > ProBuilder Windowfrom the top menu to begin using ProBuilder.