I looked around but couldn’t find an answer so need to ask it here.  Quick Brush doesn’t seem to work for me at all right now. Ill press ctrl-click/drag but nothing happens. I have the prefab in the right places and everything is in the right place but it just won’t work. I updated it and used it in a new project but still won’t work. I don’t think my Unity version is the problem because the one I have at home and the one at school are two different versions but it won’t work in either one. I opened up an older project that used an older version of Quick Brush and it still worked in that one so I have no idea what’s wrong. This is very annoying actually because I have two scenes due in a few days and Quick Brush was going to make this go much faster, but having it not work right now is extremely frustrating.

Hi, Are you the dude who e-mailed me, whose problem resolved itself following a few restarts? The problem seems to be occuring due to Unity failing to compile the tool when it's imported. It's tough to reproduce. Seems to only occur rarely, and seems to be solved when Unity finally compiles the tool. I think you can use the right-click command "Re-Import" to force a recompile. One thing I'm curious to know is if you imported qb over a previous version of qb or was it a fresh import. I'll probably make a dll version of qb that won't run into this problem.

I seem to be having a similar problem. I have a prefab in the quickbrush bar and when I ctrl click to add it to my scene nothing happens. I can see the quickbrush placement icon appear as I click but no prefabs appear. I've reimported quickbrush but still no luck :(

Unity Free 4.6.2.f1, and latest QuickBrush on Macbook Pro.

Hi, blit

I think you have an older version with a known bug. The latest update hasn't passed the review process in the asset store yet. I can e-mail you the unitypackage. May I use the the e-mail address you have listed on your forum profile? If that doesn't help, we can troubleshoot from there.

I have a similar issue like this. I've tried reimporting the quickbrush folder, but that didn't work. I have the template set up just fine, and the brsuh appears when I hold control, but no prefabs are painted. I also get the following errors:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

qb_Painter.PlaceGeo (.qb_Point newPoint, Int32 i) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2350)
qb_Painter.DoBrushIterration (.qb_Point newPoint, Int32 i) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2097)
qb_Painter.UpdateStroke (Int32 i) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2075)
qb_Painter.UpdateStroke () (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2043)
qb_Painter.Paint (RaycastHit mouseRayHit) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2260)
qb_Painter.OnSceneGUI (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:1801)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1672)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1079)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:989)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

qb_Painter.PlaceGeo (.qb_Point newPoint, Int32 i) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2350)
qb_Painter.DoBrushIterration (.qb_Point newPoint, Int32 i) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2097)
qb_Painter.UpdateStroke (Int32 i) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2087)
qb_Painter.UpdateStroke () (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2043)
qb_Painter.Paint (RaycastHit mouseRayHit) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:2260)
qb_Painter.OnSceneGUI (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at Assets/ProCore/QuickBrush/Editor/Windows/qb_Painter.cs:1839)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1672)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1079)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:989)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

I have a similar issue like this. I've tried reimporting the quickbrush folder, but that didn't work. I have the template set up just fine, and the brsuh appears when I hold control, but no prefabs are painted. I also get the following errors:

Hi. For some reason I didn't get (or missed) a notification about your post. Thanks for reporting the bug. Please let me know the version of unity and the version of qb you're using. I'll look into this first thing tomorrow morning.

Hi Oxters! I assume you are the same fellow who emailed recently? Let me know if the copy of Polybrush I sent over, works for your needs. Obviously much more is  being added, but that'll be your best bet, I think.