joduffy

Bolt and Procorebuilder

Hi,

I just wanted to know is there anything I need to keep in mind or what approach I need to take when creating and editing a mesh over the network with procorebuilder?

I am looking at using the bolt engine networking solution from the asset store.

Nothing special to my knowledge that you'd need to worry about with ProBuilder meshes.  I've used ProBuilder built levels with Photon before without issue, so I assume that Bolt would be similar enough.

Thanks karl,

So if I edit the mesh from player 1 side. It will just update to player 2 side?

Do you mind explaining what you did or how your photon setup is done?

So you created a cube then could move the faces around and the mesh that was on the server side were the editing was done would update to the rest of the clients?

Or am I way off? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. I am also new to the whole networking thing so trying to figure it all out.

Thanks for the help.

You'll need to send those changes over the network for player 2 to see the new mesh, but that should be as easy as registering the component with the networking code.

Looking at the Bolt documentation, it appears that attaching a BoltEntity component to the object should sync changes made to the mesh.  Basically just make sure you're telling Bolt that you want to synchronize changes made to the Transform, pb_Object, MeshFilter, and MeshRenderer components.