Sign in to follow this  
Amit

Prefab Mesh - Type mismatch + other issues

Hello

Like many others I have the same issue when making a pro builder object, making it a prefab and adding the prefab back. Like the others it doesn't show up when you add the prefab back into the game. Under Pb_Mesh it says Mesh - Type Mismatch, same under Mesh Collider.

Now, there is a solution for easy things like just a cube which is Tools - ProBuilder - Actions - Make Asset. (Feel free to explain what exactly happens when I do this?). However, I lose my texture which isn't a good thing if I need different texture on different faces.

However, this doesn't help when doing complex or even slightly edited geometry. What happens is that the geometry like mentioned above loses texture and has deleted/invisble faces, so the object no longer has all its faces visible. The player can see through the object.

So...

How can I add a pro builder object as prefab and add it back into game without loosing faces or texture?

From

Amit

This is something that has been fixed as of 2.3.1b2 - if you're on the Beta group it is already available.  If you're running the Asset Store version, the workaround is to simply add the RebuildMeshOnWake.cs script to the prefab.

Hi, I've just encountered the same issue on version 2.3.3f1 revision 2970 of the asset store version of probuilder.

I have to manually add a RebuildMeshOnWake script for each prefab? Or has this been recognised as a bug and fixed?

I'm on 2.4.3p0. If I create a prefab from a PB item the prefab has "type mismatch" in the Mesh Filter. It doesn't seem to cause any problems. OnceI drag it into a scene the mesh filter properly points to a PB Mesh and all of my materials are there.

Is this normal? I don't want something to jump up and bite me somewhere down the road.