Sign in to follow this  
Arithan

Box Colliders vs. Mesh Colliders

I'm currently working on a 2.5D platformer and there are some zones where if the player enters the trigger, he takes damage over time until he exits the trigger. With mesh colliders, it seems to think the player has exited the trigger if he goes all the way through (as to not intersect any edges of the trigger). So I try to switch it to a box collider instead by choosing box collider in the "Pb_Entity script" component of a ProBuilder cube and deleting the mesh collider component. But the mesh collider keeps coming back right after I delete it. Am I suppose to manually create a box collider and just uncheck the mesh collider instead of actually deleting it? I couldn't really find any information on this in the documentation.

Also, since my levels are all made of cubes with 90 degree angles, is it more optimal to use box colliders for all my cubes instead of the default mesh collider? Or would mesh colliders be better since I'm using NoDraw on all back faces and most sides and bottoms?

I'm currently using ProBuilder 2.1.1 (786)

Box colliders would be best, yes. To set a box collider for your object, set the "Collider Type" in pb_Entity to "Box Collider." It won't show up while in edit mode, but it will instantiate at runtime.