baroquedub

updating paid advanced version

Apologies if this has been asked before. I did a search and looked through the FAQ but couldn't see it mentioned anywhere.

So as a paid user of ProBuilder Advanced, what's the recommended course of action? The asset that now appears as 'ProBuilder' in the asset store is different to the ProBuilder Advanced  DEPRECATED one I'm using in my projects. Should I delete all of my ProCore folders (I also use ProGrids) and reimport everything?

(ps. I understand that new projects should use this new package (or the package manager one if on 2018) but I'm wondering about existing projects. TextMeshPro seemed to carry on as two different versions depending on whether you'd been using the paid version)

Hey guys, I'm afraid I don't completely understand the upgrade guidelines. I've upgraded Unity from 2017.3 to 2018.1 and I've got ProBuilder 2.9.8 installed. Now I want to upgrade ProBuilder to the new 3.06 version that is compatible with Unity 2018.

For upgrading from ProBuilder 2.9.8 the guidelines says:

1. Open the project in Unity 2018.1 or later
  2. Edit the manifest.json as described above
  3. Follow the Convert to Package Manager utility instructions.

However, for me it's not clear what I need to do in step 2. Do I need to somehow edit the manifest.json manually? What information do I need to specify and why is this necessary?

What if I just install the ProBuilder 3 version with the package manager? If so, do I need to delete the old ProBuilder 2.9.8 first, or should I keep it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: I've just tried to install the new version via package manager while still having 2.9.8 installed. The upgrade manager started, then throwed and error and told that it's needed to switch to force-text asset serialization. I followed this advice. Then, the re-serialization process started but seemed to hang up at the end. So, I terminated Unity. Now, after re-opening the project, it seems that a full all-asset re-import is started. Project size is 175 GB btw. Oh my ... :(
But hey, patience pays off. Good news is everything seems to work fine after all the progress bars have completed. :)