WaterlaneStudios

backface cull and cross selection

A couple of cool features would be...

Display/Non-Display of faces with Normals facing away from the viewer (i.e. backface cull)
Window selection and Cross selection  (as in 3dsMax)
some more variations on display (i.e. flat shaded with wire/materials with wire/backface culled, on/off)

Hi!

Backfaces: I'm not sure if we can do this unless the shader you are using supports it (Standard does not). However, yes, I agree it'd be nice to have, and there's probably a way to draw something like a semi-transparent polygon with flat shading, wherever backfaces are being viewed. Will make a ticket for this, and hopefully we can figure something out :)

Selection: If I understand correctly- yep, we already have this! :) More info: http://procore3d.github.io/probuilder2/toolbar/selection-tools/#selection-rect-mode

Hi - thanks for the reply.
All good - but for the 'window/crossing' selection, I mean a feature that is used in 3dsMax and can be Very useful.
i.e. when selecting a polygon/face...
If 'window selection is on' then the face must be completely enclosed in a selection area.
If 'crossing selection is on' then if only part of a face is covered by a selection area, it will be included as a selected.
'hope that makes sense - it makes selecting particular faces far quicker, especially when using multiple views

53 minutes ago, GabrielW said:

Hi! Yep, that's the "Selection Rect Mode" that I mentioned. As a long-time 3DS Max user myself, that was high on my list also! :)

Oh -sorry about that - Somehow when I looked before the link seemed to go to another area... (damn that scroll wheel ;) ).
Great to see the 'Selection Rect Mode'  :-)