Sign in to follow this  
Uri

Weird Vertex Collapse

Hi community! First post here, let's see if I got lucky.

I previously used Pro Build in a project, but the deadline was close so I ended becoming frustrated etc etc. But now I'm taking my time to do a decent scenerey with it, so...

The level is a simple house with a corridor. I firstly modeled one part of it and then the corridor+ rooms, merging then both objects. Now I'm trying to merge the vertexs so it become one single object. The problem? I'm having some weird vertex collapse solutions that I can't understand. Let's see one

-This is where the corridor should merge with the living room.

corridor1.thumb.JPG.0e95b1bd79239746f728f22621906d3a.JPG

-I will now try to collapse both vertexs on the walls

corridor2.thumb.JPG.007f0baa4068e82becc50e2a3fc4577a.JPG

-Aaaaand that happens. I've tried different things but all of them have similar results. I could add more pictures to explain if needed but i think those are self explanatory. Any advise would be amazing! :) Thanks for your time!

corridor3.thumb.JPG.892b24869f4033a78cb76f41d924cee4.JPG

On 12/03/2018 at 4:13 PM, karl said:

Looks like it's just the UVs shearing. Select the affected faces, open the UV Editor, then in the bottom of the Inspector click "Reset."

For whatever reason I can't seem to find the "Reset" option, but I just ended setting the Planar projection to the faces with same material and now it fits perfectly. Thanks tho!