Sturdy

Banned Poly Shapes?

Does ProBuilder block certain shapes from being made with the Poly Shape tool?

My game is set in a Nazi base, so of course there are going to be swastikas.. it lets me do every shape near a swastika but not a swastika, is this intentional or just a coincidence? and is there a way to remove this if it is intentional? I feel like I should be able to make whatever shapes I'd like even if it is non-pc lol.

As you can see from the pictures, the mesh just doesn't update when its a swastika shape..

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Hi Sturdy, welcome to the forums.

Nope, ProBuilder doesn't do any kind of validation on poly shape input other than verifying that it does not contain impossible geometry.

Regarding why it won't let you complete that shape, I'm not sure. That seems like a bug, and I've opened a ticket a to look into it. As a workaround, you can complete the shape, then use the vertex move tool to put that last point in alignment with the rest of the geometry.

On 3/5/2018 at 2:21 PM, karl said:

Hi Sturdy, welcome to the forums.

Nope, ProBuilder doesn't do any kind of validation on poly shape input other than verifying that it does not contain impossible geometry.

Regarding why it won't let you complete that shape, I'm not sure. That seems like a bug, and I've opened a ticket a to look into it. As a workaround, you can complete the shape, then use the vertex move tool to put that last point in alignment with the rest of the geometry.

ah okay, thanks :D