rand_dev

Cannot get polybrush to work on Probuilder object or Unity (2018 beta) Object

Hi,

I tried testing out poly brush to paint some color over a cube mesh created by probuilder but somehow it doesnt work. I dont know what I do wrong. In mesh renderer, the element 0 always switches back to default prototype every time the brush was hovered above the mesh, even when I tried to set it to standard vertex color. I could not use any other functions in poly brush. The shader also is greyed out for some reason.

Polybrush version is 0.9.13b.0

Probuilder version 3.0.1

Unity 2018.1.0b7 beta

4QbhKmm.png

The ProBuilder shader is grayed out because it is a default resource. If you want to modify it, create a new Material and assign the "ProBuilder/Standard Vertex Color" to it.

Regarding why Polybrush isn't painting, could you try making your brush radius a bit larger and painting over just the corners?

Just realized- your Brush Radius is 5 meters, but the scale of your Cube is 100- yep, that'd be your issue. Polybrush paints colors to vertices, so if the brush doesn't overlap any, you won't see any changes.

Also, it's generally best to not scale objects if you can help it :) ProBuilder makes it easy to avoid this- hit CTRL-SHIFT-K and choose whatever size you need (ie, 100 x 100 x 100 meters).