jonas persson

Inproved vertex color painting

This is neat, thanks! Polybrush is actually taking over much of the color painting (and texture painting), so I'm not sure how much we'll keep in ProBuilder. I do think there's room for, how to say..."non-organic" coloring to remain in ProBuilder. Things like applying colors to faces directly (the Palette mode).

The "Bake Ambient Occlusion" idea is very cool- I wonder if there is already an Asset Store product that does this? I don't think we should, because that would limit the effect to ProBuilder objects. An AO baking tool for all objects would be great, though- maybe this one: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21015

Ok, you are lifting out the painting as a separete asset..... 

Well im ok with paying 65dollars more if i get these things :-)

---ONLY PAINT ON THE SELECTED SURFACES/VERTS, so that yo can use that as a mask, to only paint where you want to paint, would be awsome.

This in combination with the funcionality of adjusting hue saturation etc only on the selected vertecies/faces would be a lifesaver so you dont have to repaint the whole thing if you made it a little bit too dark for example.

To be able to bake Ao into only on the selected vertecies/faces inside of Pb would be fantastic, since baking it anywhere else would be a destructive workflow of exporting importing assets back and forth etc.

A selection-only mask should definitely happen- I'm certain that's been discussed, but not seeing anything concrete, via a quick search, in planning. Adding to "wanted features" now, thanks!

Adjusting selected would be pretty slick, agreed. Have thought about that from a few angles previously, including manual control of texture "weighting" per-vertex, sort of like weighting bones for animation. That's probably not as useful...but colors, definitely.

Were you able to look into that AO baker I linked in the previous post? Looks great!

Hi! the "Fill" option will do this if possible, but it depends on the mesh. For instance, if you paint colors on a Unity Cube, you'll get nice sharp borders, but a Sphere will give you a mix of both.

Why? (I agree...)

I'll let @karl get into technical details, but as I understand it, the verts are being split up by UV seams and smoothing groups. That's why you see the especially strange result on the Sphere.

Could Polybrush override this? Maybe...it might require Polybrush to both break up or weld normals/uvs, and that's not going to make people happy. Again, @karl will have a better answer, I believe he's away for a bit right now but should be able to drop in later :)

About using ProBuilder on imported meshes, sure, but you have to "ProBuilderize" them first, which isn't always ideal.

EDIT: oops, heres the image:

image.png