Jump to content
Protozoaire

Autostitch error on PB Polyshape objects

Recommended Posts

Probuilder Advanced 2.9.8f3

Unity 2017.1.0f3 Personnal

I still can't autostitch on some faces on all PB Polyshape objects:

Mesh.uv is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as the Mesh.vertices array.
UnityEngine.Mesh:set_uv(Vector2[])
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_UV_Editor:ApplyUVs(pb_Object, Vector2[], Int32)
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_UV_Editor:RefreshUVCoordinates(Nullable`1, Boolean)
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_UV_Editor:RefreshUVCoordinates()
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_UV_Editor:ClickShortcutCheck(pb_Object, pb_Face)
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_Editor:RaycastCheck(Vector3, Int32)
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_Editor:OnSceneGUI(SceneView)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Is it possible to have an hotfix for that?

All PB Polyshape objets have these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I just gave this a try, however could not replicate. Here are my steps, did I do something differently?

1) New Unity Project (2017.1.0f3)

2) Imported PB 2.9.8f3

3) Drew a simple Polyshape, ensured I was out of "Edit" mode

4) Opened the UV Editor, Face mode, and Autostitched a few faces- no errors or issues

Following these steps, I wasn't able to see any errors

Sidenote: I did find a related issue, where Autostitching the top/bottom faces could lead to other errors if editing the Polyshape later. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay!

So, it looks like that mesh is corrupted- I was experiencing lots of issues with it. Repair actions didn't work, so I used ProBuilder to "Export as OBJ", then ProBuilderized that OBJ. This gave me a brand-new, totally clean mesh that now works just fine.

It's too bad we can't know exactly what corrupted this mesh (the One Edge Ring?), but maybe it's something we can fix more easily in the future. I'll have to defer to @karl (tech dev) on that- I remember back in 3DS Max, when a mesh became corrupted, I'd just "collapse to editable poly/mesh", then use the "convert to editable poly" function 3 times (for good luck), and keep moving. That always removed any trace of bad geo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good, keep me updated :) Sorry I can't give you a real fix on that, but the work-around should do the trick, and hopefully you don't have any other corrupted meshes, that should be a very rare occurrence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×