Protozoaire

Can't center camera on selected face or vertex

Hi! Okay, I see this- looks like "SHIFT + F" is used to center and lock the scene camera, vs regular "F" which just centers the camera. I've actually never used that functionality (SHIFT + F).

Does regular "F" focusing work fine for you?

Okay, I just double-checked in Unity 2017.1 and with the latest version of ProBuilder. Can you try in a brand-new project just in case there's a conflict or other error going on? Speaking of, any red errors in the log currently?

6 hours ago, Protozoaire said:

Hi, regular "F" only works with Unity 3D objects. With Probuilder objects it doesn't do anything...

Another thought, are there any other components on that particular object or any of it's parent or child objects that implement any editor code?

Tested on a brand-new project, no errors or warnings in the console.

With 2 cubes, a Unity cube and a Probuilder cube.

1) If I directly select Unity or PB cube and use "F" shortcut, nothing is happening.

2) If I use the hierarchy to select and then use "F" shortcut, I can zoom in at both cubes.

3) I can't zoom in at a specific PB vertex:

198774Focus.gif

Oh, that's very interesting- so "F" isn't working for you at all in the Scene View, not even on objects? New questions:

Are you using a modified Scene View or anything strange like that?

Does that issue persist if you remove ProBuilder from the project?

I'm not using any scene view modification. I use multiple monitors (3) with the scene view window on the main screen.

If I remove Probuilder from the project, I can use "F" again to focus on Unity objects by directly select them then press "F".

I've found a workaround in the brand-new project with Probuilder:

1) If I select a vertex, then select again the PB object in the hierarchy, then press "F", it works.

2) If I do the same but without selecting the PB object again in the hierarchy, it doesn't works.

Hi there, new Probuilder Advanced user here :) Hope the below will help you guys pinpoint this bug.

I'm having this same problem, and it's really frustrating as I'm used to using the F key a LOT.

Unity 2017.3.0f3 64 bit, Windows 10.

Summary

Unity built-in hotkey F (focus on selected object) does not work with Probuilder (ProBuilder Window is shown)
It only works if you select the object from Unity's Hierarchy window. 

To reproduce:

1. Create a new project
  2. Import Probuilder Advanced (or free version) from Asset Store
  3. Go to Tool > ProBuilder > ProBuilder Window to show the window
  4. Click top-left button to create e.g. a cube, then press Build Cube in the window
  5. In the scene view, deselect then select the object
  6. Now pan/zoom out and try to focus using the F key. Note it doesn't work and note that shift+F DOES work!
  7. Try selecting the object in Unity's built in Hierarchy window, and moving your mouse over the scene view, then pressing F - it works!

Edit:

Made a simple script to fix it temporarily.

using UnityEditor;
using UnityEngine;

public class fixit : MonoBehaviour {

[MenuItem("Edit/Frame Selected (fixed) _f")]
static void FrameSelected(){
EditorApplication.ExecuteMenuItem("Edit/Frame Selected");
}
}