Sign in to follow this  
snugsound

Bug report: ProBuilder meshed tinted white after applying texture blend material

Maybe this is semi-expected behaviour--I'm guessing ProBuilder meshed are initialized with vertex colour information by default?--but it's a nuisance because it requires an extra step every time I apply a material that uses a texture blend shader. A solution may be to have these shaders outright ignore vertex colours? (along the same lines: I noticed that applying any vertex colours to a mesh when using one of the texture blend shaders results in a white tint)

Edit: it's worth noting that the behaviour differs if all 4 textures are assigned to the blend shader. Instead of tinting white, it defaults to the 4th texture (_Texture3).

Capture.PNG

Is this all the texture blend shaders, or just certain ones? I think at least a few of them actually use the vertex color channel to apply texture blending information instead of tinting, which sounds like what you'd be looking for.

On 6/7/2017 at 3:47 PM, karl said:

Is this all the texture blend shaders, or just certain ones? I think at least a few of them actually use the vertex color channel to apply texture blending information instead of tinting, which sounds like what you'd be looking for.

In my case I'm using Polybrush/Standard Texture Blend Bump. To be clear, I believe everything is working as expected, however, because ProBuilder meshes appear to contain vertex colours by default, applying the aforementioned shader to an existing mesh results in vertices that are already blended. This requires an extra step to clear the blending and start with a fresh canvas for painting. It would be nice to have a way to do this quickly ("Clear Vertex Colours" or some such thing from the Polybrush panel).