I just learned about Giles and I'm very impressed with the demos. With probuilder under the hood, I think this would be near perfect for my game. 

I do have some requests with Probuilder and Giles.

First, I'm not sure if this is planned, but the ability to select polygons and clone them is one of the most time saving things in my workflow in both Blender and Sketchup. No having to deal with objects; just clone some polygons and have their UV's stay the same. That would be perfect.

Second, with the stackable modifiers I'm hearing about, it would be nice to include a weld modifier. This would make it so you could weld the vertices to any other object including other procedural meshes. I included a screenshot attempting to show the benefits of this.

Third, I believe the less mesh colliders you have, the faster PhysX runs. So, why not make it so that multiple objects can be batched together into one mesh collider (or something along those lines)? Might be pretty useful.

Lastly, it would be nice to be able to edit parts out of the spline. For example, in  the screenshot, those yellow arrow signs are just a repeating geometry block, but I deleted the parts out that I didn't need.

road.png

On 5/20/2017 at 6:48 AM, ItsDangerous said:

First, I'm not sure if this is planned, but the ability to select polygons and clone them is one of the most time saving things in my workflow in both Blender and Sketchup. No having to deal with objects; just clone some polygons and have their UV's stay the same. That would be perfect.

I think that was on the feature request list at one point, but I'm not sure what happened. I'll open a new ticket.

Second, with the stackable modifiers I'm hearing about, it would be nice to include a weld modifier. This would make it so you could weld the vertices to any other object including other procedural meshes. I included a screenshot attempting to show the benefits of this.

Yes, I agree being able to weld to objects other than self would be really nice.

Third, I believe the less mesh colliders you have, the faster PhysX runs. So, why not make it so that multiple objects can be batched together into one mesh collider (or something along those lines)? Might be pretty useful.

I'm not sure that few large mesh colliders would offer much of an improvement over more smaller ones, but if you wanted to do this currently all you'd have to do is duplicate the objects and merge them, then set that merged object to a Collider type. That's even something that could be automated pretty easily with the API.