bigd

Runtime Level Editor Thread

@bigd Thanks for the reply, I wont/don't have a transform gizmo because the player wont be interacting with one. I guess I should have stated my goal clearer. I want to basically create an animation of moving geometry in game.

Is there a method for scaling a single face along an axis?

@IAmMoore08 Ah, okay, makes sense. Basically any movement of geometry can be done just as easily within code as it would be if you had a realtime gizmo, you would just need to trigger it somehow so it can feed in the Vector3 scale information, if that makes sense.

I'm not privy to any method that does this for you automatically. I tried looking myself and ended up just doing it manually using the procedure I mentioned above.

@karl I was looking for ways to optimize the level editor geometry without forcing the user to delete faces (to keep the experience simple for players) and I found this thread http://www.procore3d.com/forum/topic/34-auto-no-draw/.  Automatically no-drawing hidden faces sounds like a great solution for my particular use case.  However, the initial script you linked in that thread is missing and I can't find it within ProBuilder like you mentioned (I realize that was back in 2013).  Is that script still floating around somewhere?  I would probably have to modify it for runtime, but it sounds like it would be a great starting point for reference.