Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Jigs

Polybuilder objects need to be subdivided?

Let me see if I have this right. When I create a standard 1 by 1 by 1 cube using polybuilder and then try to polybrush it the results are rather poor to unusable. Under those circumstances it does not seem possible to do finegrained texture painting. When I first subdivide the cube several times results are much better. So it looks like the more subdivisions the better and no subdivisions at all don't give you any control at all. Right?

A pity you have to strip the polybuilderscripts first to get it to work. It means you have to be pretty sure you're modelling is more or less done as there's no going back once you start texturing.

Regards

I'll give it another test without stripping the probuilder scripts. I may have assumed it was not working because the objects were not sufficiently subdivided. With no subdivisions it looked like Polybrush couldn't decide which side to paint and I only noticed some paint activities around the vertices.

OK, looks like you are right. After some experimenting with the materials provided I managed to get the texture painting to work without having to delete the probuilder scripts.

Thanks for that. I can see that I am going to have to detach some faces in order to get sharp demarcations between textures but I guess in those circumstances one would not want to paint textures anyway but just assign them singularly.

Alright, back to work. Though I am sure I'll be back with more questions :-)