Sign in to follow this  
Cybershead

Unity Crash when importing Assets

I have a really strange one,

1) Pro Builder 2.0

2) If i download any asset Unity with crash.

3) Unity 4 Pro / Mac Pro / Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 / Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB / Software OS X 10.8.2 / 512 Gig SS

4) While i have the Pro builder Window open in unity fixed or floating and then download a Asset that i have previously brought from Unity Asset store it comes up with the window to import, as soon as it starts importing, Unity crashes.

5) Open Pro Builder Window

5a) Download a asset and import

6) I have done extensive bug testing and it points to when i have the Pro builder Window open in unity fixed or floating. Any thoughts?

Cybershead

Hey there Cybershead, this is a known issue! I believe it's a problem with Unity though because I have the same problem with PlayMaker.

Heya Matt,

Thank you for letting know, thats a shame. I guess i will have to close the windows down before i download an asset.

Thanks Again

Cybershead

A quick fix is to just hit "spacebar" with any window focused, so it goes into full-screen mode on that window. Then import, then hit "spacebar" again to exit full screen mode. Of course, that only works if you have the panels docked (not floating)>

So, it's definitely related to the ProGrids and ProBuilder panels- they must be running some code that interferes with the final stage of importing.

A quick fix is to just hit "spacebar" with any window focused, so it goes into full-screen mode on that window. Then import, then hit "spacebar" again to exit full screen mode. Of course, that only works if you have the panels docked (not floating)>

So, it's definitely related to the ProGrids and ProBuilder panels- they must be running some code that interferes with the final stage of importing.

Yeah, I've been experiencing the same problem as well. Thanks for the tip!