Sign in to follow this  
spooky

UV2 Not Re-generating Correctly

So I've discovered an elusive bug that seems to have been introduced in with the UV2 Generation Options window. I'm not sure exactly how to reproduce it, but sometimes after editing a PBO the UV2s will not be generated correctly and result in characteristic glitchy lightmaps. Manually generating the UV2s (selection or scene) does not solve the issue. I've discovered that changing the Pack Margin will force a correct rebuild.

Edit: I meant to put this in Bug Reports, got lost.

The UV2 generation is done by Unity, and at the moment we don't have a manual way of building this channel ourself.  The trick is to play with the generation parameters (as it sounds like you've figured out) until you've got something that works for your mesh.  It's not an exact science, and some meshes may require more precise fine-tuning than others.

We do have plans to include a path to generating UV2s through different channels, including hand-editing, no word on when that might get in though.

That's weird. Sounds like a bug on Unity's end then, because the UV2 generation parameters can usually be set back to the previous values once you've got it to rebuild the UV2s correctly once.

because the UV2 generation parameters can usually be set back to the previous values once you've got it to rebuild the UV2s correctly once.

Now *that's* weird.  If you have a model that is consistently causing this problem it would be worth filing a bug report with Unity - if you could PM that I'd be happy to do so.