spooky

Merged Faces Flipped UV

I'm not sure if this is a bug but it's unexpected and undesirable behavior: sometimes when merging faces the U of the UV for the new merged face is flipped.

I'm not sure what the exact conditions are but it only seems to be happening on vertical faces with a normal facing negative Z or positive X.

Hello again, reporting in: this is still a bug.

I know it isn't really a massive issue because one can simply toggle "Flip U/V", but it would be nice if that was not necessary.

Hi Spooky- sorry about that, I'll ping Karl on this and see what's happening there. He's out till Monday, so it might be a few days till he/I can send any new info, but we'll make sure it gets moving ASAP :)

4 hours ago, GabrielW said:

Hi Spooky- sorry about that, I'll ping Karl on this and see what's happening there. He's out till Monday, so it might be a few days till he/I can send any new info, but we'll make sure it gets moving ASAP :)

Thanks. I'm back to having time to work on my game and I realized my merged faces were still getting flipped. It'll be good to finally get a fix :)

On 6/5/2017 at 0:57 PM, karl said:

This has been fixed and will be in the next update. Thanks for contributing this bug report!

Which version has this been fixed in? I updated recently and am still experiencing flipped U coordinated in automatic UV mode with merged faces.

Edit: I was having another issue so I did a clean install of ProBuilder and it is working correctly now. Thank you for completing this fix :)