Sign in to follow this  
Minpin Studios

Black faces that cant be painted + Nothing works

Like this?

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
Polybrush.z_SplatSet.LerpWeights (Polybrush.z_SplatSet lhs, Polybrush.z_SplatSet rhs, Int32 mask, System.Single[] alpha) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Scripts/Type/z_SplatSet.cs:167)
Polybrush.z_BrushModeTexture.OnBrushMove (Polybrush.z_BrushTarget target, Polybrush.z_BrushSettings settings) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Brush Modes/z_BrushModeTexture.cs:295)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnBrushMove () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:774)
Polybrush.z_Editor.UpdateBrush (Vector2 mousePosition, Boolean isDrag) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:642)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnSceneGUI (UnityEditor.SceneView sceneView) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:466)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2046)
UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1381)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1218)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

I've been unable thus far to reproduce the problem - does this happen with every mesh or just some?

As an experiment, could you try using the "Strip ProBuilder Scripts" then painting and see if the errors still occur?

Tried opening up the project and Unity crashes every time now... I did not doing anything else in my project today besides using Polybrush so that is most likely the culprit. The exact same thing happened with a test-project which completely locked up after installing Polybrush.

I´m sorry to say it but I have spent a total of around 270$ on your products and I constantly get headaches because of all the bugs..

How do I restore my project, is it even possible?

I'm sorry you're seeing so much trouble.

If your Unity install is crashing with a clean project and just Polybrush imported, then yes it does indeed seem the likely culprit.  What OS are you running, and what version of Unity?

As for restoring your project, first make a backup.  Next, open the Assets folder in Finder (or Explorer on Windows) and move the ProCore/Polybrush folder out of the out of the project folder entirely.  You can delete it if you'd like, but you'll lose any stored brush or color presets.  Then open your project again.

If those steps don't get your project open again, try this:

1. Open a new Unity project
  2. In the top right corner of Unity, use "Layouts / Revert to Factory Settings"
  3. Open your existing project

I'm sorry you're seeing so much trouble.

If your Unity install is crashing with a clean project and just Polybrush imported, then yes it does indeed seem the likely culprit.  What OS are you running, and what version of Unity?

As for restoring your project, first make a backup.  Next, open the Assets folder in Finder (or Explorer on Windows) and move the ProCore/Polybrush folder out of the out of the project folder entirely.  You can delete it if you'd like, but you'll lose any stored brush or color presets.  Then open your project again.

If those steps don't get your project open again, try this:

1. Open a new Unity project
  2. In the top right corner of Unity, use "Layouts / Revert to Factory Settings"
  3. Open your existing project

That worked, I got it up and running again. But now I´m really worried if I even dare importing Polybrush again  :unsure:

That's good that your project is safe at least.  Can you let me know what operating system and Unity version you were running when Polybrush caused the crashes?  I'd very much like to figure out what went wrong.

That's good that your project is safe at least.  Can you let me know what operating system and Unity version you were running when Polybrush caused the crashes?  I'd very much like to figure out what went wrong.

I´m using Windows 10 and Unity 5.4

Imported Polybrush and it worked great until I tried to start painting textures and BAM! A new halt and Polybrush doesn´t work  :blink:  :D

This is what I got for you this time:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Array.InternalArray__get_Item[Vector3] (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:183)
(wrapper managed-to-managed) UnityEngine.Vector3[]:System.Collections.Generic.IList`1.get_Item (int)
ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Math.Average (IList`1 v, IList`1 indices)
ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Projection.FindBestPlane (IList`1 points, IList`1 indices)
pb_Object.RefreshUV (ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Face[] faces)
pb_Object.RefreshUV ()
pb_Object.Refresh ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
Polybrush.z_ReflectionUtil.Invoke (System.Object target, System.Type type, System.String method, System.Type[] methodParams, BindingFlags flags, System.Object[] args) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_ReflectionUtil.cs:149)
Polybrush.z_ReflectionUtil.Invoke (System.Object target, System.String method, BindingFlags flags, System.Object[] args) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_ReflectionUtil.cs:106)
Polybrush.z_EditableObject.Apply (Boolean rebuildMesh, Boolean optimize) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_EditableObject.cs:269)
Polybrush.z_EditableObject.Revert () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_EditableObject.cs:313)
Polybrush.z_Editor.FinalizeAndResetHovering () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:813)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnBrushExit (Polybrush.z_EditableObject editableObject) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:785)
Polybrush.z_Editor.SetTool (z_BrushTool brushTool) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:371)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnDestroy () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:237)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Imported Polybrush and it worked great until I tried to start painting textures and BAM! A new halt and Polybrush doesn´t work   :blink:   :D

Ah excellent, thank you!  So something in texture paint mode...

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
System.Array.InternalArray__get_Item[Vector3] (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Array.cs:183)
(wrapper managed-to-managed) UnityEngine.Vector3[]:System.Collections.Generic.IList`1.get_Item (int)
ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Math.Average (IList`1 v, IList`1 indices)
ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Projection.FindBestPlane (IList`1 points, IList`1 indices)
pb_Object.RefreshUV (ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Face[] faces)
pb_Object.RefreshUV ()
pb_Object.Refresh ()

That's unexpected.  By the time ProBuilder gets to a mesh refresh all the attributes should be locked in - so what in the heck is causing that not to be the case?

Polybrush.z_ReflectionUtil.Invoke (System.Object target, System.String method, BindingFlags flags, System.Object[] args) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_ReflectionUtil.cs:106)
Polybrush.z_EditableObject.Apply (Boolean rebuildMesh, Boolean optimize) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_EditableObject.cs:269)
Polybrush.z_EditableObject.Revert () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_EditableObject.cs:313)
Polybrush.z_Editor.FinalizeAndResetHovering () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:813)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnBrushExit (Polybrush.z_EditableObject editableObject) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:785)
Polybrush.z_Editor.SetTool (z_BrushTool brushTool) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:371)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnDestroy () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:237)

Looks this error happened as the Polybrush editor was being destroyed.  Was this a script reload, or were you closing the Polybrush window?

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate you taking the time!