Sign in to follow this  
Disastercake

Error thrown when Paint tab clicked in editor window

I just purchased Polybrush, and clicking on the paint tool tab shows this error and freezes the polybrush window.  Any idea what's wrong?  Literally did nothing other than install, bring up window, then click paint the icon.  It even happens in just empty scenes.  No other tool tab seems to have any problems (Though I haven't begun using the tool yet).  I'm using Unity Pro 5.3.5p7.

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
Polybrush.z_BrushModePaint.get_colorPaletteEditor () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Brush Modes/z_BrushModePaint.cs:72)
Polybrush.z_BrushModePaint.DrawGUI (Polybrush.z_BrushSettings brushSettings) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Brush Modes/z_BrushModePaint.cs:132)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnGUI () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:307)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Just the Vertex Paint mode throws that error?  Are there any errors in the Console other than this one?

Looking at the stack, I cannot see what that error is complaining about - it's especially odd that it's only the painting mode that does it, as the same code is used in each mode for initializing the editor.

If you reset the window layout, then close and re-open Unity does that resolve the errors?  Also, are you running Windows/Mac/Unix?

Just the Vertex Paint mode throws that error?  Are there any errors in the Console other than this one?

Looking at the stack, I cannot see what that error is complaining about - it's especially odd that it's only the painting mode that does it, as the same code is used in each mode for initializing the editor.

If you reset the window layout, then close and re-open Unity does that resolve the errors?  Also, are you running Windows/Mac/Unix?

I have to actually revert the factory settings because the windows won't even close with the X button when I open the paint tab.  I also tried restarting Unity as well and this didn't help out.  I also just updated to the latest Unity 5.3.6f1, but still not fixed.  I am running Windows 10.

I started a new project and it doesn't crash in that one.  Does that mean another package could be interfering with it?

Could there be something conflicting between Probuilder Packages?  Maybe a similar named class?  I have the following installed:

Probuilder Advanced

ProGrids

QuickEdit

QuickBrush

I just tried out the Full Inspector demo on my machine.  I can reproduce the problem, but I'm having difficulty troubleshooting due to a compile error in Full Inspector preventing mono compilation (see https://github.com/jacobdufault/fullinspector/issues/163 ).

I'll get in touch with the developer and see if we can figure out what the issue is.