sfbaystudios

Setting pivot to be "in" the object

Hello!  I'm thinking of making a cube for a wall, but I need an overflow unit on all four sides.  I'd like the pivot to remain at the "base" of the wall, excluding the overflow, so for a 5x5 wall, the pivot would be at the bottom of the 5x5 area, even though the actual object is 7x7.

Is this something pro builder can do?

Thanks!!!

EDIT:  Whoops, wrong topic category!!

Ah, okay.  Maybe set the pivot then extrude the edge a meter down?

Yeah, that's possible.  But I was hoping to not have to extrude.  I've been having issues w/ extruding and then other things being not as I expect.

I've clicked it on now -- you mentioned that in another thread.  I see the description but I guess I'm not sure what the difference is.

Usually the issues come from the vertices,  I think that's the way to put it.  When I "merge face", the vertices are still there, and after a while, doing more extruding etc, they end up causing effects I don't desire.

Yeah, you're looking for "As Group" to be toggled on.  Here's a quick gif showing the difference.  First one is with "As Group" enabled, second without.  Note how the first keeps the two faces selected together.

post-15-0-40483300-1468170551_thumb.gif

Yeah, you're looking for "As Group" to be toggled on.  Here's a quick gif showing the difference.  First one is with "As Group" enabled, second without.  Note how the first keeps the two faces selected together.

Thanks!  Any idea why the UV gets droopy?