Sign in to follow this  
Anonymax

Questions by an excited future customer

Hey there,

I have a few questions before I purchase Polybrush. First of all, I would like to mention the fact that this tool is absolutely remarkable and demolishes Unity's inbuilt terrain editor.

Onto my questions:

1) Does Polybrush allow you to import heightmaps?

2) Is there a limited 'splatmap' size? I have found that in Unity3D edges between textures when blending is so often very pixelated and Unity limits splatmaps to 2048px.

3) Does Polybrush support 'Pixel error' functionality and possibly contain other optimization features?

4) Are Polybrush terrain sizes limited? The demo showed only small terrains. I ask just in case, though I would assume they are not.

5) Does Polybrush allow for terrain merging/multiple synchronous terrain painting like: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44037 ?

I hope to hear back from you guys soon as I look forward to making this purchase.

Regards,

Anonymax

Hey, thanks for the kind words! Polybrush wasn't originally meant to replace the terrain editor, so most of these features are missing. In the future we'll probably start to add these, but I can't say how soon that will be.

In order:

Heightmaps- aren't supported, but this would be a really cool feature, and fairly easy. Will try to get this in soon.

Splat size / pixel error - not applicable yet.

On the rest, Polybrush doesn't actually create meshes or terrains, it only modifies existing ones. Polybrush also does not work on the Unity terrain, only meshes.

From your questions it sounds like one of the other Asset Store terrain specific tools may be better suited to your needs, at least until Polybrush starts to add more terrain editing features.