Sign in to follow this  
drbii

blend shapes

Would really be nice (and I admit I know nothing of the technical aspects of this) if the polybrush manipulated vertex info could be written into a new blendshape channel or an existing one.  That way the mesh modified by polybrush becomes a morph to be used with a skinned mesh.  

I didn't realize that until just recently either.  Guess in one of the latest versions.  If you bring in a mesh with rig in it under the skinned mesh renderer it brings in blend shapes (if the imported mesh has them).  My morphs from lightwave came in perfectly!!!  I'm on Unity5.3.3f1.

YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES.

I've been working w/ blend shapes in my characters that I have on the asset store, just started, and it's wonderful.  I've written a pretty simple script that exposes only some shapes based on the names, and allows for "Plus" and "Minus" directions relative to the default start.  If it helps, I could forward that script when the time is right.  It'd need to be changed since the names required for exposure are set to my own system, but the concept is simple enough.