drbii

PolyBrush on a Skinned Mesh Renderer

Not sure if it is something I am doing or not but I would like to see PolyBrush work on a Skinned Mesh Renderer.  If I have a mesh that is using skeletons for animation I cannot manipulate it with PolyBrush.

Thanks.

Yes, sorry I forgot to update this thread.  The plan is still to implement the additionalVertexStreams change in the near future.

Question slightly off topic:  Do you know how to make additionalVertexStreams work w/ Skinned Mesh Renderers?  If so, can you share how?? :D

I'm trying to use vertex painting w/ object that have blend shapes attached...and I can't seem to do both because of this.

I'm not seeing that polybrush works with skinned mesh render.  Can anyone verify that it does?  I have meshes being manipulated by bones, but cannot manipulate via polybrush.  Same with meshes that have blendshapes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by drbii

On 12/14/2017 at 1:43 PM, drbii said:

I'm not seeing that polybrush works with skinned mesh render.  Can anyone verify that it does?  I have meshes being manipulated by bones, but cannot manipulate via polybrush.  Same with meshes that have blendshapes.

Thanks,

Dan

Anyone???

Polybrush can technically apply changes to skinned meshes, but as far as working in a real art pipeline I'd say it's not supported. It's on our roadmap to support all types of meshes in the future.