Sign in to follow this  
ceng

Unity 5.3 Multiscene Editing Support?

Hello,

I have purchased the ProCore bundle and am giving ProGroups a spin. Based on my understanding of how ProGroups works, group data is serialized within a hidden GroupContainer GameObject per scene, and this is retrieved by ProGroups_Window.groupContainer as though the GroupContainer GameObject is a singleton.

When multiscene-editing, each scene may have a GroupContainer GameObject, but the ProGroups_Window.groupContainer only searches for one. Consequently, the group data of only one scene is displayed. Further, Unity will prevent saving a scene if it contains cross-scene references, thereby preventing me from simply working with one master GroupContainer GameObject across these multiple scenes.

Am I missing a workflow that would allow me to use ProGroups while multiscene-editing? If not, when may we see multiscene-editing support added to ProGroups?

Thanks,
Chris

Ah, right.  I've not actually given this any thought yet; you're the first to bring it up.  Assuming there are API calls that make it possible to differentiate which gameObject belongs to which scene this shouldn't be too difficult.  I'll try to look this soon.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for responding! I believe GameObject.scene would do the trick. I have used this property myself for implementing a few multiscene-compatible tools.

I look forward to your solution,
Chris

Hey,

Just wanted to add that I'm also very interested in this behaviour being fixed for multiscene editing. Having given a quick look at the code, I agree that the singleton GameObject needs to be broken up into one GameObject per scene. Is there any chance of this being implemented in the next few weeks? Otherwise, I might have to rethink whether to use this tool.

Thanks

Luke