Dock

45 degree grid / local rotation grid?

Is it possible to rotate the grid, or possibly have the grid rotation/origin relative to a gameobject?  

I really like ProGrids, but being locked to worldspace is limiting sometimes.

Some objects in my map are rotated by 30 or 45 degrees on the Y axis, and I tend to rely on localPosition to keep them snapped to a grid, but ProGrids no longer works for these items.  

On 1/28/2017 at 9:28 AM, Dock said:

Hi! I was just wondering, did this ever get implemented? I'm trying probuilder again but everything seems very right angled.

ProBuilder has the "Handle Local, World or Plane" to adjust extruding at an angle appropriately, but ProGrids doesn't place nice. Turn it off, and it will work fine.

On 24/02/2017 at 4:41 AM, Chuck Savage said:

ProBuilder has the "Handle Local, World or Plane" to adjust extruding at an angle appropriately, but ProGrids doesn't place nice. Turn it off, and it will work fine.

Ah, so this makes Progrids not very useful? If my Probuilder and Progrids can't use the same grid then it's just a big mess, and it makes positioning objects relative to the probuilder grid very difficult.  

How should I best position objects to align with local probuilder handle?

The idea is that ProGrids is the master grid, and ProBuilder would follow that.  However in cases where you do want an off world grid object in ProBuilder it's not very easy to use ProGrids in tandem.  So the trick is usually to disable ProGrids on those rare objects by attaching a new script called "pg_IgnoreSnap.cs" (in ProGrids / MonoBehaviour folder), then use the Control (or Command on Mac) key to relative snap.