dpolyakov

Working with edges

I need to make an opening in the surface like in a screenshot below (highlighted in a green rectangle). Surface it tilted for about 33 degrees.

image.png

The problem comes when I do horizontal edges. I cannot move an edge along a surface to adjust it to a required position:

image.png

I tried to play with handle alignment and global/local handle switch. None of them gave me an option to have any axis to be parallel to this surface's normal, like if I would select all edges:

image.png

So, work around would be to create an extra edge and move all edges at once.

An idea would have an option to have an edge handle with one axis to be parallel to it's surface normal.

> An idea would have an option to have an edge handle with one axis to be parallel to it's surface normal.

I think this is close to what I'm planning to do regarding this issue - basically a "Set Handle Orientation to Face" that allows you to set the handle pivot and rotation to a face normal.  That would address this problem I believe.

I vote for this feature too, I would like to have the save gizmo behavior for P-key modes as for edges. When the selected edges/vertices are on the same plane, the translation gizmo should be based off that plane in one of the handle modes.