Sign in to follow this  
kilju69

Relief terrain pack

hi. will this work with meshes using rtp3 shaders?

i asked same question in rtps forums and got this as answer: If the tool you're refering to can do vertex color painting with normalization (when you paint red channel, the others should get dimished so the sum of color values is =1) - then you can use it with RTP standalone shader

so question is can this tool do vertex color painting with normalization?

Yes.  I'm using the RTP shader pack with probuilder objects and blender objects.  Specifically you want to use RTP's standalone shader.  You may have to go into the RTP shader code and tool around with it (it's well commented, though), but if you focus your search on the RTP shader as it relates to vertex coloring, you'll have functionality to apply their texturing with any RGBA vertex coloring system, including ProBuilder's.  

Specifically, there are 2 lines to add in each shader that will enable Polybrush support.  See here for more information: http://procore3d.github.io/polybrush/shaders/

Just figure out what channels that shader is passing texture and color data in (the usual suspects are Color & Tangent) and put in the comments or define that information.  

As an example, if it's an 8 texture blend shader with data passed in UV3 and UV4 channels:

// Tell Polybrush that this shader supports 8 texture channels
// define Z_TEXTURE_CHANNELS 8

// Tells Polybrush that the shader expects data in the uv3/4 channels
// define Z_MESH_ATTRIBUTES UV3 UV4

I'll also email the RTP creator regarding more general compatibility.  

For sure, please do!  We also have a private Github repository for filing bug reports and bleeding edge builds, just let me know if you'd like access (PM a Github username & Asset Store invoice number).  In the future this will be automated, but for now I'm just spreading the word myself :)