Sign in to follow this  
ukon

Bug with Polybrush & Probuilder objects

Greetings!

So I am experiencing some trouble with PolyBrush when I am trying to paint gameobjects created with probuilder.

If I modify the shape or "paint job", select another object and select the previous object again, it resets any changes previously done to this object by PolyBrush. While I draw something on an object created with ProBuilder I'm locked out of the other tabs in PolyBrush and I have to close and open the window again.

While doing the same thing with a regular plane created by unity I do not encounter any of these issues.

Just thought I'd let you know just incase you weren't aware of it (Even tho I assume that you already are).

Just seen this error message once:

srcAttach < m_CurrentFramebuffer.colorCount && "We should always resolve only current RT"

These are some of the error messages that gets spammed in the chat all the time while doing something with a ProBuilder cube:

AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous matching in method resolution
System.Reflection.Binder.FindMostDerivedMatch (System.Reflection.MethodBase[] match) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Binder.cs:106)
System.MonoType.GetMethodImpl (System.String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, CallingConventions callConvention, System.Type[] types, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoType.cs:245)
System.Type.GetMethod (System.String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Type.cs:787)
Polybrush.z_ReflectionUtil.Invoke (System.Object target, System.Type type, System.String method, System.Type[] methodParams, BindingFlags flags, System.Object[] args) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_ReflectionUtil.cs:138)
Polybrush.z_ReflectionUtil.Invoke (System.Object target, System.String method, BindingFlags flags, System.Object[] args) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_ReflectionUtil.cs:105)
Polybrush.z_EditableObject.Apply (Boolean rebuildMesh, Boolean optimize) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_EditableObject.cs:166)
Polybrush.z_Editor.FinalizeAndResetHovering () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:818)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnBrushExit (Polybrush.z_EditableObject editableObject) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:783)
Polybrush.z_Editor.SetTool (z_BrushTool brushTool) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:368)
Polybrush.z_Editor.OnDestroy () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:234)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

If you wish, I could post a video of me replicating the bug/issue.

I'd also like to add that I think this tool really has some potential :) Good work thus far!

No problem :)

Oh, right. My apologies. Forgot to mention that hehe. Currently running 5.3.4f1.

And I have replicated this on OSx Yosemite and El Capitan (Latest version available of each).

Same thing happens if only Probuilder and PolyBrush are the assets in a given project.

This has been fixed and will be in the next Polybrush update (coming in the next few days).

If you need earlier access please PM me a Github username and your Asset Store invoice for access to the Github repository where you can download the latest dev build.