sfbaystudios

Questions

Just saw this.  Nearly sold :)  I haven't bought it yet, just some questions...

1.  Is there a way to lock some of the geometry when molding others?  I'm thinking, in molding the inside of a cave, like in the example, but with keeping the outside "holes" of the cave the same, so that if they're meant to snap together with other pieces, they'll keep doing that.  If the outside vertices get moved, then it won't snap anymore.  

2.  How is the UV managed when morphing geometry? 

Thanks!!

1.  Is there a way to lock some of the geometry when molding others?  I'm thinking, in molding the inside of a cave, like in the example, but with keeping the outside "holes" of the cave the same, so that if they're meant to snap together with other pieces, they'll keep doing that.  If the outside vertices get moved, then it won't snap anymore.  

In some ways- you can optionally ignore the open edges of a mesh.  There's not an option to arbitrarily mask portions of the mesh yet.  Polybrush also only affects the selected meshes, so you don't have to worry about modifying unselected meshes.

2.  How is the UV managed when morphing geometry? 

If you're using it with ProBuilder the UVs will be updated as usual.  If without the UVs aren't modified.  However, Polybrush does include a tri-planar shader that skips the need for UV mapping all-together.