Sign in to follow this  
clockworkservant

No QuickEdit in Unity Preferences (and general UI comments)

There's some documentation on changing the settings for QuickEdit in Unity's Edit----> Preferences menu, but there is no entry for it in there.

Also, as a bit of a related comment, I wish that ProBuilder and QuickEdit were more unified in their interface somehow.

Currently, my Scene window has the 4 little ProBuilder buttons which select between the different sub-object types, and then a totally different style of floating window for QuickEdit, which has its own sub-object selection mechanism.  Would be nice if you unified the interface somewhat so that they both followed the same logic and/or visual presentation. I guess what I would personally prefer, if we chose to use this in production, would be if ProBuilder also used its own floating window (for example), with the same button logic and arrangement. Just some consistency between the modules would make the whole package seem a lot more professional.

QuickEdit and ProBuilder aren't meant to be used in tandem.  QuickEdit is essentially a loose subset of ProBuilder's toolset that can be used with any mesh, where ProBuilder has much greater control but requires that a mesh have an accompanying pb_Object component.  So if you're building a level from scratch or creating new models, use ProBuilder.  If you just need to move around some vertices or do light modifications to an imported mesh, QuickEdit is the tool for that.

On the consistency between assets, I agree - I think that would be nice to have.