Sign in to follow this  
avalon

Could these features/changes be added?

This has probably suggested before but I'm fairly new to ProBuilder and getting the hang of it but there are always some issues I run into...

For one I end up quickly with degenerate triangles in a scene when I'm creating geometry, even if it's just a simple corridor with some corners and doorways. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? If this is normal it would be great if the geometry repair options could be more easily accessible since currently always going into the menu to make sure that the scene is clean is quite tedious.

Another thing I was wondering: I also often end up with vertices that are on the exact same position but that are not connected. This happens even with simple stuff like the corridor scene described above. Would it be possible to add an option to collapse all vertices that are not collapsed but are on the same position (or very, very close together)? Because this is really tedious right now. Or are there any other known workaround for this issue?

For one I end up quickly with degenerate triangles in a scene when I'm creating geometry, even if it's just a simple corridor with some corners and doorways. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? If this is normal it would be great if the geometry repair options could be more easily accessible since currently always going into the menu to make sure that the scene is clean is quite tedious.

That doesn't sound right, I don't usually see degenerate tris all that often when modeling.  Could you maybe do a quick screencast or even just a series of screenshots showing how you're ending up with bad geometry?

Another thing I was wondering: I also often end up with vertices that are on the exact same position but that are not connected. This happens even with simple stuff like the corridor scene described above. Would it be possible to add an option to collapse all vertices that are not collapsed but are on the same position (or very, very close together)? Because this is really tedious right now. Or are there any other known workaround for this issue?

Yup, just select all the vertices on an object and use the Weld tool.  Setting the weld distance to .0001 will restrict collapses to vertices that share a world coordinate.

That doesn't sound right, I don't usually see degenerate tris all that often when modeling.  Could you maybe do a quick screencast or even just a series of screenshots showing how you're ending up with bad geometry?

Yup, just select all the vertices on an object and use the Weld tool.  Setting the weld distance to .0001 will restrict collapses to vertices that share a world coordinate.

Thanks for the infos! Ah so the weld tool is for that!

I guess the degenerate triangles are just from beginner mistakes. It happens less and less the more I figure out how to model right and prevent bad geometry.