Sign in to follow this  
ra1024

Data corruption - can't delete any faces

I seem to have some corruption in one of my objects.  I can add geometry to the object but nothing can be deleted from the object.  Faces can be moved but not deleted or detached.  When attempting to delete, the following error is logged:

ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[system.Int32,System.Int32].Add (Int32 key, Int32 value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:404)
ProBuilder2.Common.pb_IntArrayUtility.ToDictionary (ProBuilder2.Common.pb_IntArray[] array)
ProBuilder2.Common.pb_IntArrayUtility.RemoveValuesAndShift (ProBuilder2.Common.pb_IntArray[]& sharedIndices, IList`1 remove)
ProBuilder2.MeshOperations.pbAppendDelete.DeleteFaces (.pb_Object pb, ProBuilder2.Common.pb_Face[] faces)
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_Menu_Commands.MenuDeleteFace (.pb_Object[] selection)
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_Editor.ActionsGUI ()
ProBuilder2.EditorCommon.pb_Editor.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

I've tried running the repair options but nothing will resolve this including duplicating the object.

Win 7 x64
Unity 5.1.3p1
ProBuilder 2.4.8f1 rev. 3764

Thanks,
Reggie

Hey Karl,

Thanks, that seemed to work although during the process something happened and now every time I click on an object, that object loses it's material reference.  When the scene loads, all the texturing is intact but clicking on any faces causes the texture to go away.  In the inspector, the material shows "none".

It seemed to start happening when I was adjusting the UV coordinates to one of the objects with the UV editor.

Any thoughts?
Reggie

I should mention that if I open another scene without saving and come back, the texturing is restored but selecting any object causes the material to disappear. There is nothing being logged to the console.

I used drag & drop.  After going back and re-applying all the textures, they seem to be staying at this point.  I really want to avoid these sorts of problems in the future so do we need to use the material editor?

Thanks,
Reggie

Yes, ProBuilder needs materials to be applied through the material window.  Unfortunately there's no good way to catch drag & drop actions like that on ProBuilder meshes, so PB can't actually make the changes necessary to the submesh when new materials are added.  Hence when a mesh is refreshed it loses the dragged on materials.