Sign in to follow this  
Gibmation

Progroups window it freezes Unity

I recently purchased your ProCore Utility Bundle.
I am having problems with Progroups which has stopped working properly.
I deletd all groups and now when I open Progroups window it freezes Unity and I cant close the Progroups panel.

I get this error on console...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ProGroups.Group.<RemoveNullOrEmpty>m__2 (UnityEngine.GameObject x) (at Assets/ProCore/ProGroups/Scripts/InScene/GroupContainer.cs:32)
System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[unityEngine.GameObject].MoveNext ()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[unityEngine.GameObject].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[unityEngine.GameObject]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65)
System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[GameObject] (IEnumerable`1 source)
ProGroups.Group.RemoveNullOrEmpty () (at Assets/ProCore/ProGroups/Scripts/InScene/GroupContainer.cs:32)
ProGroups.GroupContainer.Clean () (at Assets/ProCore/ProGroups/Scripts/InScene/GroupContainer.cs:305)
ProGroups.ProGroups_Window.OnGUI () (at Assets/ProCore/ProGroups/Scripts/Editor/ProGroups_Window.cs:256)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

All buttons are missing from the Progroups panel.

Please can you help with this.

Hi Gibmation, thanks for purchasing the bundle! 

I've just fixed this in the build, and will get an update out later today.  If you're in a huge rush, you can fix this manually by changing line 32 in GroupContainer.cs from this:

objects = (GameObject[])objects.Where(x => !x.Equals(null)).ToArray();

to this:

if( objects == null )
	objects = new GameObject[0];
else
	objects = (GameObject[])objects.Where(x => !x.Equals(null)).ToArray();

Hi Thanks for the fix, I got and applied the new update via Asset Store.

...But now getting this error...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ProGroups.Group.<RemoveNullOrEmpty>m__2 (UnityEngine.GameObject x) (at Assets/ProCore/ProGroups/Scripts/InScene/GroupContainer.cs:35)
System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[unityEngine.GameObject].MoveNext ()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[unityEngine.GameObject].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[unityEngine.GameObject]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65)
System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[GameObject] (IEnumerable`1 source)
ProGroups.Group.RemoveNullOrEmpty () (at Assets/ProCore/ProGroups/Scripts/InScene/GroupContainer.cs:35)
ProGroups.GroupContainer.Clean () (at Assets/ProCore/ProGroups/Scripts/InScene/GroupContainer.cs:308)
ProGroups.ProGroups_Window.OnGUI () (at Assets/ProCore/ProGroups/Scripts/Editor/ProGroups_Window.cs:275)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Progroups does not appear in Edit>Preferences either.

No buttons on panel either.

I completely removed progroups folder and re-imported with same result. Why is this?

Is there any other config file that should be deleted elsewhere, how should I re-install this form scratch?

Thanks

G.

I completely removed progroups folder and re-imported with same result. Why is this?

Is there any other config file that should be deleted elsewhere, how should I re-install this form scratch?

No buttons on panel.