Sign in to follow this  
spooky

Texel Density for Automatic UVs

Hello, back again with another feature request.

It would be helpful if we could set a default material scale. Currently when setting face materials in PB all textures come in at 1 repeat per meter (or Unity unit "u") which usually is not what I want (and probably not what most people want given that wall textures are typically 2u square), but conveniently for me in my current project the majority of the textures are intended to be 1u square. However there are some double sized (2u) textures that must be set to 0.5 repeats per u, by hand, every time.

Ultimately my goal is to uniformly texture everything at a specific texel (texture pixels) density of 64/u. If there were an optional texel density setting PB could automatically set the scale value based on the dimensions of the texture. It would also incidentally make non-square textures come in at the correct aspect ratio. In combination with my previous suggestion of edge alignment it would make basic texturing basic 'brush' construction a flash for anyone with a goal texel density!

I just remembered this topic and I wanted to say thanks Karl: the new quick scale buttons pretty much solves this problem. Some kind of quick 9 position alignment tool would still be helpful for this kind of quick tiling texture work, but the quick scale buttons have been very helpful!