Sign in to follow this  
kurtzislost

Applying Freeze to child objects without adding each child to the group

As far as I can tell, if you add a parent game object to a group in pro group the freeze setting doesn't apply to any children unless they are added individually. It would be awesome if freeze worked just like the hide/show button. Is this a bug, or a feature request?

I think this is both a bug and a feature request.  When adding an object to a group, the child objects are not added at all.  Since Unity doesn't pass information about child objects during selection (at least not that I know of), the children are not accounted for during the freeze operation.  Hide is actually working the same way, but Unity passes down the visibility to the child objects automatically...though in the ProGroups code none of the child objects are actually being affected.

I can look into doing an unofficial modification to the code, but my UnityScript is rusty...haven't used it in over 5 years.  Give me a few days and hopefully I'll be able to find time to throw something together.

As far as officially adding this feature is concerned, Gabriel or Karl are better suited to answer that.

Any news about this feature? Without it, ProGroups is basically useless for me. Having to add every single childs to a group to make them freezable/unfreezable is just nonscene, even with really simple scenes.