Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Blender'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase and WIP
  • ProBuilder
    • General Discussion
    • Bug Reports
    • Feature Requests
    • Extensions
    • Tutorial Requests
    • ProBuilder Contests
    • ProBuilderVR
  • Polybrush
    • Feature Requests
    • General Discussion
  • ProCore Utility Tools
    • ProGrids
    • ProGroups
    • QuickBrush
    • QuickEdit
    • QuickDecals
  • GILES (Generic In-Game Level Editing System)
    • Feature Requests
    • General Discussion

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. I'm so excited I just had to share. While learning ProBuilder, I created a silly dungeon level with its own mesh collider attached, about 2500 polygons. As a test, I dumped it out to an OBJ file using the export feature from PB. I imported that into Blender, and the ceiling, walls, and floor imported as three separate objects (just what I would have expected) in Blender's scene tree. In Blender, I joined those three objects into one, then did some "subdivide smooth" operations to round out all the corners, producing a medium-poly mesh at about 6000. I exported the result as an FBX file, then pulled that into Unity in the usual way. Inside Unity, I selected the Blender mesh prefab and asked PB to "ProBuilderize" it, which worked just fine. To my amazement after all that, PB still saw the three different materials, all mapped to the correct parts of the PB object! I used the "select all by material" in PB to reassign the materials onto the surfaces, and the result looked great. Now, back to my original PB object, I simply edited it in PB and made it "collider" instead of "detail", and voila! It was a low-poly collision mesh that precisely overlays the higher-poly Blender visual mesh in Unity. Here's a screen shot of the result. Don't laugh at the level design -- it's just a learning scene and will never go into a real game! The real textures aren't greenish, by the way -- that's a by-product of the collider overlay. And in case any other PB newbie is wondering, yes, PB works just fine with Substance procedural textures. I know from experience that round-trip tooling is really hard to achieve, and I'm frankly amazed at being able to get this working during my very first test project in a new tool. Kudos to the PB developers!
  2. SteinW.

    Hi, everybody! :-)

    Hi! My name is Stein Walsberg, well....it's not my real name. It's the name I use in game development. :-) I am 42 years old, live in Norway where I live with my wife who also help me with graphics and design for my games. I Use Unity together with Playmaker. Released only one game so far. A very small game for Android. I'm currently working on a game, a remake of a game from Commodore 64. Here I will also use the fantastic tool "Pro Builder". I'm also a music composer, even if it's not my main priority. Unity takes to much time, but I try to compose a little bit when I feel for it. :-) I started to compose back in 1989 on Amiga 500 with trackerbased musicprogram called Sound Tracker. I also do a little bit 3D modeling in Blender, but I'm still learning. I know the very basic. :-) Please take a look at our homepage: http://www.walsberg.no You will see some drawings, paintings, etc. from my wife. And also my first game, "Drop n' Shoot" Or my gameblog: http://www.retro-tetro.walsberg.no I haven't updated it for a while, but I will. :-) Have a nice day! Best regards Stein
×